Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Stencil Printing Workshop Fun!!

 A couple of weeks ago I taught a stencil printing workshop in the studio at  http://patchfabrics.co.uk/ to six lovely victims, I mean ladies ;) and it was brilliant and they all took to it rather well. Stencil printing is easy peasy and hardly takes any teaching and as long as you remember to not have too much ink on your brush and take your merry time it really is a lovely, relaxing and exciting way to print your own piece, whether that be fabric, furniture or pretty much anything you want to decorate...


Here's the lovely Christine stencilling an owl for her granddaughter :) 


Daisy print in beautiful colours by Gwen x 
The stencils came from searching free stencils on Google, there are loads and if you don't fancy cutting your own stencil there are some amazing designs you can buy online too :)


Debbie did some lovely butterflies using the blending technique :))


Sheona did the stag stencil with her own flower design and created some gorgeous overprinting. I really wanted the overprinted practise piece for myself! I later found out that she used it to make a dog poopy bag for her friend!! YES I gasped then fainted (a little bit nearly!!)


Viv created this lovely printed bag which I wanted to keep for myself, YES I wanted to keep them ALLL!!! x x


After practising printing Sheona decided to use these yummy colours to create a design for a cushion cover :)


And Angela made her stencil printed fabric into this stunning quilted cushion cover!!


A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!



And look what the notoriously modest Gwen made with her prints!! Look at the colourssss!!!
She also used one of my prints too which I am super happy about :)))


Look at the fancy pants quilting!! I love it and it is now sitting in my studio, she said I could have it and although I would bite her hands off for it I will give it back after showing the next lot what you can create with the perfectly simple art of stencil printing :))


Oh hello!! she even printed the back! stunning!! 

I f you would like to come and have some stencil printing fun I am doing another workshop on Tuesday 16th October 6-8.30pm at Patch fabrics. If you are in the area and interested in doing the workshop visit http://patchfabrics.co.uk/page/40242-wwwpatchfabricscouksewingandquiltingtuitioninlowestoftuk.aspx  where you will find all the details :) x x

2 comments: